Thursday 21 February 2013

Green Green Tea!

How fast is this year going, February already! I'm writing this from the big city of London, I was slightly disappointed that I have missed London fashion week by 24 hours but its still nice to be here after spending a few days in venice with the boyfriend.

Todays post is a little different as its not a hair post or particularly a beauty post but i thought i should share with you something that a have found out by accident over the last few weeks. This won't apply to all of you out there, but everyone with Psoriasis this could seriously help.

I will just give you a bit of the back ground story, last September I was bitten by a dog, don't worry it wasn't very serious but I was put on antibiotics. After this I came down with a really bad sore throat infection. I think a combination of these things lead to what is known as guttate psoriasis. It comes up as little round red patches of dry skin and unfortunately for me I had it on my face. I went to the walk in centre who just said moisturise. Then after months of this not working I went to the doctors again the same advice moisturise and don't use perfumed soaps.

Then about 2 weeks ago me and my mum started a diet, nothing silly but just eating healthily and trying to get a bit more active. She bought some green tea for its anti oxidant properties and to my surprise I actually liked it. Then after just a few days strangely my face began to be clearer, the red patches and dryness basically disappeared.

Now I didn't think this was possible, I had also started using a new combination of moisturisers but after a bit of online research I found that others have found the same result from drinking green tea.

I'm not a doctor or a dietician so my advice has no medical backing but if you have psoriasis you might as well give it a go for what the price of a box of green tea bags cost, it could be the thing that changes your skin completely.

Until next time

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment